Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting fewer notifications than usual

3 weeks ago
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

I normally get around 80-100 Esri Community notifications in my feed each day on weekdays (red count indicator on bell icon):

https://community.esri.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

But for the past few days I’ve been getting roughly half that many notifications. And fewer kudo notifications. Is that expected, due to summer holidays etc., or is there any chance there’s an issue with notifications in the system?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
HaydenWelch
Occasional Contributor II

I've noticed that on refresh I'll see notifications appear then disappear. I've missed 4-5 replies already because of it and have had to manually follow up on things because I wasn't pinged when someone replied.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

For what it’s worth, I got a feed notification about the following reply, but not an email, even though I’m subscribed to that post, so I should be getting emails: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/career-change/m-p/1496242/highlight/true#M84866 

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing, @Bud and @HaydenWelch. Tagging @SimiBasu for awareness. 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There's definitely something odd happening with notifications. I just got an email saying one of my answers was accepted, but there's no notification showing. When I click on the notification icon, it shows this

Snag_a49d7a.png

not even showing past notifications.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

I didn't get an email notification about @JesseCloutier 's "Thanks for letting us know" reply. But I did get an email notification about @KenBuja response to it.

When I get @KenBuja 's "You don't have any notifications" error, I switch browsers (clearing the cache might have the same effect). That way, I can see notifications and avoid the error, but all messages are marked as already read, which isn't ideal.

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud @KenBuja @JesseCloutier @HaydenWelch , 

After conducting an internal check with the platform vendor, we have identified an ongoing issue with our notification services. Vendor has noticed that email notifications have failed to send on multiple occasions and that the notification feed is empty. The engineering team is aware of this problem and has opened an internal ticket to investigate further. We will let you know as soon as we receive more information.

Thanks

Simi

Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Any update?

0 Kudos
HaydenWelch
Occasional Contributor II

I'm getting notifications again so I think it's fixed

0 Kudos
BlakeMorrison
New Contributor III

I can confirm that I do not actually know how to check if anyone has replied to any post or comment I make without visiting that exact post and manually checking for replies to my post. The forum software is not reporting any replies. Nevermind emails.

0 Kudos