Exact phrase search doesn't appear to work

Jump to solution
01-13-2021 09:45 PM
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try searching for a phrase like

"no problem"

notice the double quotes surrounding the phrase. 

My reading is that the search should initially limited to that exact phrase, but it doesn't.

Granted, it got a few, but the pages went on and they weren't necessarily sorted by any specific pattern.

There were "problems" a bunch of "no", even a "no"pe

It was like the search engine was trying to be real helpful but then got desperate and began answering the "question that he really meant😉

I know this is an issue with most search engines trying to please, but is there a "dial down" button to fine-tune what it offers?

Thanks.... and "no problem" if there isn't

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Dan, I've reported this to our support team. I also logged it over here Known Issues and Future Enhancements - GeoNet, The Esri Community 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Dan, I've reported this to our support team. I also logged it over here Known Issues and Future Enhancements - GeoNet, The Esri Community 

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Louise

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan, our support team made some updates to the search feature which hopefully will improve this issue. Let us know if this makes searching using quotes better than before or observations on future potential improvement areas. Appreciate your support on this issue. 

0 Kudos