Select to view content in your preferred language

blank white map screen in ArcGIS

3 weeks ago
JillianDonkle
New Contributor

my arcgis keeps showing a blank screen every time I open a new map project. my arcgis is up to date and my laptop is a windows 10 pro. I tried clearing up some storage space on my windows 10 pro by pressing the windows key and the R key, which opens the run tab. I then typed in %temp% and deleted most of the files in the folder that popped up. Then going to the recycle bin to completely erase those files for extra storage. Now my arcgis won't display a map. I tried using different imagery, but it still won't display. It shows a blank white screen for new and old projects. Help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for bringing your question to Esri Community, @JillianDonkle.

Because this area is used for members to share feedback specifically about our Esri Community platform, I'd like to help get your post moved over to one of our conversation boards where it's more likely to be seen and responded to by members with relevant expertise. Which ArcGIS product are you using?

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

I think ArcGIS Pro Questions is a safe bet.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for the recommendation, @BlakeTerhune. The post has been moved accordingly. 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

Make sure your map view is not somehow stuck at Null Island. (Lat=0 Lon=0) and not zoomed way out, say 1:24000 not 1:100,000,000. You can see zoom and location in the bar at the bottom of the map in ArcGIS Pro

0 Kudos