I am requesting some help or direction in how to upgrade the BAO Report Widget (built for Viewer 2.2) to work with the ArcGIS Flex Viewer 2.4. The widget is exactly what I need for a time sensitive project but when I add it to the Viewer widget tray it does not open - there isn't an error message that pops up either. I could also make do for now with the 2.2 viewer code if someone could send it to me but I have not found that available for download as of yet -
I am new to the viewer and widget scene but have some coding background. Any advice or suggestions on getting this widget to run with 2.4 would be most appreciated!
I was able to get this widget working in the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.4. Hope the steps to follow will help you:
(1) You will need to make sure you first get this viewer up and running in your environment. Refer to Getting started for developers for the system requirements and help on how to get this set up. As an FYI, I am using Adobe Flash Builder 4.0 and Adobe Flex SDK 4.5.1.
(2) Download the latest Business Analyst Online API for Flex 2.1. According to the readme for the widget, it was compiled against the 2.0 version of the Business Analyst Online API for Flex, but it will also work against the latest 2.1 version. Information including Concepts, Samples and the API Reference as well as the library download can be retrieved from Business Analyst Online API for Flex.
(3) After downloading this library, copy the BAOnline SWC into the libs of the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex project in Flash Builder.
(4) As specified in the readme, create a new folder (e.g. BAReport) under src\widgets and copy the files under BAO Report Widget\src into this folder.
(5) As with any other Flex module, add this widget under Flex Modules. You can get to this by going to the project properties > Flex Modules, clicking Add and navigating to BAReportWidget.mxml. Once done, press OK.
(6) As specified in the readme, add this newly added widget to the config.xml: <widget label="BA Report" icon="assets/images/i_bookmark.png" config="widgets/BAReport/BAReportWidget.xml" url="widgets/BAReport/BAReportWidget.swf" />
I got the widget to open up and execute fine. Keep in mind that you will need a Business Analyst Online API subscription to use this widget if you don't have one already. You can purchase one or obtain a trial subscription from http://www.esri.com/software/bao-api/.