Census 2010 Profile for BAO API

06-22-2011 10:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
The new Census 2010 Profile report is now available on the Business Analyst Online site.  However it is not a report listed using the BAO API GetReportTemplates Rest request.  When will the Census 2010 Profile be available for the the BAO API?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonyHowser
Esri Contributor
Hi Kelly. 

The new report is actually available in the "USACensus2010" Online API dataset.  It is not available in the default ("USA") dataset. 

In order to specify an alternate dataset for any Online API service, you will need to add the "activeDatasetID" parameter and value to your request.  This parameter is documented in each of the services including the REST and SOAP Get Report Templates services

For the Get Report Templates REST service, the request will be the following:

http://baoapi.esri.com/rest/report/GetReportTemplates?&activeDatasetID=USACensus2010&f=PJSON&Token=Y...

To query the available datasets, please see the Get Datasets service in REST or SOAP.

For a summary of the newer features, please see the What's New Page in REST or SOAP.

Thank you so much for your question.  I am certain it will help others.

-Tony

The new Census 2010 Profile report is now available on the Business Analyst Online site.  However it is not a report listed using the BAO API GetReportTemplates Rest request.  When will the Census 2010 Profile be available for the the BAO API?
0 Kudos
AmyWright_Webber
New Contributor III
Hello,

I am working with the Business Analyst Report Widget and an trying to modify it to access the USACensus2010 summary report dataset rather than the default USA dataset reports.

However, I keep getting back an empty event from the "summaryReportsTask.execute" when I change the active dataset id from USA to USACensus2010.  The code works perfectly to generate the reports from the USA dataset.

Does anyone have an code example of accessing the census 2010 profile report using the BAO Flex API?

Thank you!

Amy

ACOG
Greenville, SC

NOTE: This is cross posted with the code excerpts at the following thread - http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/39122-BA-Report-Widget-2.4-Problem-using-the-USACensus2010-activeda... - Please forgive the cross posting, I am just trying to make sure I cover all potential options for assistance.
0 Kudos