Why is it that when I add a web map to my Cascade Story map, the web map layers do not show up?

06-21-2016 03:21 PM
JenniferLaws
Esri Contributor

When I manage the web map in the Cascade Story Map and select Edit, it shows me that my layers are still present in my web map, so the layers are just not showing up when I add the web map to the Cascade Story Map.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

That sounds like a bug, Cascade should support all webmap layers and behave like other apps.

Can you share the webmap with me?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jennifer Laws​ -- are you still having an issue with your web map layers?  When you add a map in the Cascade builder your layers may or may not be immediately visible (depending on how they are saved in the web map). If you configure the map (click the gear icon) and then go to the Appearance tab you will see a layer list on the right side of the window that will let you toggle layers in your story map (this only affects how your map appears in your story and does not affect the saved web map).

2016-07-11 at 1.46.11 PM.JPG

2016-07-11 at 1.45.03 PM.JPG

If you need to make changes to your saved web map you can go to Manage > Edit.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
CyrusBlankinship
New Contributor

I am having the same issues except I am trying to add a web scene. The only layer that displays is a 2D layer whereas all of my multipatch 3d layers aren't visible. Are there 3d limitations to Cascade?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Cyrus,

I seem to be able to add a scene that has a multipatch in it without an issue: http://arcg.is/29JWzJA

Can you share your scene publicly and post a link here so I can take a look if you are still having trouble?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos