Why does my Swipe Storymap request log in even though share settings are correct?

02-12-2020 03:58 AM
SianRennie
New Contributor II

I have generated a swipe storymap (older version storymap) and have updated the web map and web application to be shared with everyone, as this is to be used for public information. When trying to access it a log in is requested. I have checked share settings and add/removed web links, checking through my stories but nothing is flagging up as stopping this being shared externally. Would adding the shapefiles as a hosted feature layer make a difference? This map itself is basic with two zipped shapefiles and a europa basemap. I have had other people look at this and cannot see what would prevent this being shared. Other applications i have made that are shared with everyone open fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am trying to highlight how useful web applications/story maps are however this is a real barrier.

Sian Rennie 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sian -- I'm sorry you're having an issue with your swipe app. My Stories should flag any sharing issues, but to be sure you can double check the sharing not only on the web maps that are used in the swipe app, but also any layer items in those web maps (such as that hosted feature service you mentioned.

Also, are any layers in the story subscription or premium content layers? Those can sometimes prompt for authentication if they are not proxied correctly.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
SianRennie
New Contributor II

Thanks Owen,the shapefiles in the web map are not hosted feature layers currently. Would doing this enable the application to be shared? I am not sure about premium content layers but the data within the web map is not. Not sure how to proceed if the my stores check isn't flagging anything.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the link to the swipe app so we can help you troubleshoot?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos