Story Map Crowdsource builder/configure page won't load

09-23-2021 10:10 AM
Labels (1)
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to review some new submissions to one of our Story Map Crowdsource apps, and when I click the "Configure" button from the item page in ArcGIS Online the crowdsource configure/builder pages tries to load but never does. I tried in multiple browsers, and also tried other existing Crowdsource apps and creating a new one but see the same thing happening with the builder/configure page.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @LindsayWithers1 -- I'm sorry that you're not able to access the Story Map Crowdsource builder. As you're likely aware, Story Map Crowdsource entered Mature Support in June 2018, which means we are no longer making updates to it.

We have not touched the code for a long time, so this issue must be due to a change in a related technology component. We can take a look to see if there is a simple fix, but since this app has been in Mature Support for over 3 years, I cannot guarantee that this issue will be addressed. I'll update this thread sometime next week when I have more information.

In the meantime, if submissions are set to automatically appear, you can unshare your story from your ArcGIS content page if you do not want new submissions to appear publicly without your review.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@LindsayWithers1 -- We looked at this issue and it would require implementing a completely new login system. Since Story Map Crowdsource was never taken out of beta and has been in mature support for over three years, we are not planning to update it at this time.

If you want to vet contributions, you can do this manually. Just go to the item page for the feature service where the crowdsourced contributions are stored for your story. Go to the Data tab of its item page and look for the "Share hidden" and "Share vetted" fields. These fields should contain values of "0" or "1" depending on the contribution's status. You can edit any new contributions manually to update their status as follows:

For "Share hidden," 1 means hidden and 0 means visible

For "Share vetted," 1 means vetted and 0 means not reviewed

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos