Select to view content in your preferred language

Search Bar Styling

Jump to solution
01-04-2018 02:48 PM
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know the css styling to get this to show over the buttons? I already tried applying various z-indexes to certain classes but none worked.

Thanks,

Brandon

https://community.esri.com/community/developers/web-developers/arcgis-api-for-javascript?sr=search&s...

https://community.esri.com/groups/web-appbuilder-custom-themes?sr=search&searchId=907e281e-76ec-43a7...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Hi Owen,

I was able to correct the issue with these css changes:

.arcgisSearch .showSuggestions .suggestionsMenu {
display: block;
z-index: 1001;
left: 35px;
width: 100%;
}

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the response. I couldn't get the z-value method to work. The story map is not public currently unfortunately. Hopefully it will be in the future.

Brandon

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brandon,

Just to be sure this is a WAB App right? Because When I test a new vanilla WAB app it does not exhibit this issue.

BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

This is an arcgis api 3.22 story map tabbed series app.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brandon,

OK, I see you post a lot of questions tagging this space or actually in this space, but you need to understand that Configurable apps like story map are not WAB apps. There is a https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps?sr=search&searchId=2f4ccb1e-d204-40b5-aff...‌ space. I would recommend you setting the z-index of the other elements (those buttons in the screenshot) to a lower number.

BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

I already understand WAB, storymap, api, etc. I post mainly in the api and wab due to lack of activity in other spaces. However, seldom have I have posted in the wrong space on purpose (example: configurable in wab).

Brandon

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

OK,  I just wanted to be sure that you know that a story map app was not a WAB app.  Sorry to hear that there is a lack of activity in the story maps space. I personally am not a story maps user but I can normally provide general JS advice. If you had a public story map app that could be debugged it would make helping you out even easier.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I would say there is certainly no lack of activity in the Story Maps space...as you can see over the last few weeks (even with holidays) there have been several threads per week that are getting 10s or 100s of views, and almost all questions are already marked as resolved. 🙂

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately not the case for me ☹

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Brandon -- Let's try to get this resolved for you then... 🙂

Did you already try changing the z-indexes on the buttons to be lower than the z-index of the search dropdown as Robert suggested above? On which classes did you try changing the z-index?

Is that just a map in the main stage of that section or is it another story map or app embedded as a web page?

Are you able to share a link to your app so we can take a look at exactly what's going on or do you just have this locally?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Hi Owen,

I was able to correct the issue with these css changes:

.arcgisSearch .showSuggestions .suggestionsMenu {
display: block;
z-index: 1001;
left: 35px;
width: 100%;
}

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the response. I couldn't get the z-value method to work. The story map is not public currently unfortunately. Hopefully it will be in the future.

Brandon