Remove Embed Bar When Embedding Story Map with Story Map

Jump to solution
07-27-2018 11:35 AM
EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

I noticed on the June 2018 release for Story Maps that the embed bar became a new feature on new stories created after June 2018. The documentation that I am reading states.

"Also, if you embed a story map inside another story map, the embed bar won't appear "

When I do the above function I still get the embed bar at the bottom of my application. I am currently sharing a Story Map Journal within a Story Map Tabbed Layout and I would like to have the shared bar remove. Is there something I can add to the Embed Code to remove the bar?

Embed Bar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Eric -- Yes, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure why it's showing in your app. We're looking into it further. In the meantime, if you want to manually hide the embed bar you can add the URL parameter &classicembedmode to the end of the URL.

Also, as noted in this article&embed doesn't have any effect in Map Journal, so you can remove that URL parameter from your embedded story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Eric -- The embed bar shouldn't appear as long as you use the same domain for your embedded story and the parent story, for example www.arcgis.com or myorg.maps.arcgis.com. Can you give that a try and/or share a link to your story so I can take a look?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
EricShreve

Owen here is the application

AZ ESF/RSF Operations Dashboard

0 Kudos
EricShreve

Owen were you able to look at the issue that I am running into with the embed bar?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Eric -- Yes, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure why it's showing in your app. We're looking into it further. In the meantime, if you want to manually hide the embed bar you can add the URL parameter &classicembedmode to the end of the URL.

Also, as noted in this article&embed doesn't have any effect in Map Journal, so you can remove that URL parameter from your embedded story.

Owen Evans
EricShreve

Owen, this is perfect the &classicembedmode URL is exactly what I was looking for. I like the new update but I was getting inquiries from leadership to remove the share bar, especially when embedding it within another Story Map.

Thank You,

Eric

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Glad that will work for you. The embed bar should hide when you use the same domain, like I mentioned above, but there must be a bug since it appears to work in some cases, but not in your story. We'll keep looking to see if we can isolate what's going on a fix that for a future release.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos