Select to view content in your preferred language

Video hosting privately for story maps

Jump to solution
07-30-2018 02:39 AM
JohanaWong
Emerging Contributor

My company would like to embed some videos on my story maps. However, we want to keep the videos private (they are corporate videos). The story map as well as the content (videos) must be protected and only users with ArcGIS Portal authentications can watch the videos. I am thinking of hosting it on my company's cloud server (Azure cloud). But from what I understand, the videos have to go public to be able to embed on Story maps. Is there any way else?

Thanks, 

Johana

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Johana -- While there's no way to host a video in ArcGIS and tie the permissions to a portal account, you can host videos on your own network on a web server and add them to your story map. As long as the videos are inside your firewall, network no one else can see them. You just need to set up a simple web page with a video player. Here's an article that shows one way to do it.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Johana -- While there's no way to host a video in ArcGIS and tie the permissions to a portal account, you can host videos on your own network on a web server and add them to your story map. As long as the videos are inside your firewall, network no one else can see them. You just need to set up a simple web page with a video player. Here's an article that shows one way to do it.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor