Select to view content in your preferred language

Playlist with more than 100 entries

03-24-2014 06:56 PM
TimothyReed
New Contributor
I have a playlist story map that is linked to a map that has more than 100 items to display.  I've switch to the simple icons from the numbered version and it still will not display over 100.

Is there a configuration option that I missed or does something need to be updated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes, in addition to just changing out what icons get displayed in the legend through the basic configuration, you will also need to go into the JavaScript and adjust the map config file with a new renderer to fit your data. Adjusting the renderer requires you to start with the developer version of the code which has the uncompressed source code. Once you have done this, the developer guide will guide you through the build process to prepare your app for deployment.

The map config can be found in the source folder in the following location:

source > app > javascript > playlist > MapConfig.js

Here's an example MapConfig.js file that we used used the simple icons with.

A couple things to note:

1. Make sure to set defualt renderer to false

2. The icons are slightly different sizes so you will need to adjust those (you can use the same size/offset that is in the example page)

3. Add your new renderer within the else statement starting on line 75

0 Kudos
TimothyReed
New Contributor
Yes that worked! 

Thank you
0 Kudos
Ashwiniw
New Contributor II
Hello All,

We are trying the same thing, and we changed the mapconfig.js file to reflect changes mentioned by you. We let the max_allowable_points variable to 300 and then added more rows to csv, but ours is not working. We are still using indexed icons and we made new icons upto 105 rows, but our version just shows 99 points.

Where do you change icon from indexed to simple? We haven't made that change yet. Kindly advise.

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ashwini
0 Kudos
MaryamTaher
New Contributor
Hello,

I just wonder if I can change the number of entries using User download or should I get the Develper version to be able to change the number of entries?

Thanks

Maryam
0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor
You will need to use the developer download to add more than 99 points. Just look under the MapConfig.js file.
0 Kudos