Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues loading Main Stage map

06-08-2015 09:55 AM
MarisaBayer
Deactivated User

I used the Story Maps application to create a map journal. A few sections have an ArcGIS Online map displayed in the main stage, however, it occasionally will not load or loads very slowly (have to toggle between a few sections before it shows up).

Is this a common issue? All maps used are publicly shared, so it's not a sharing issue. This issue has been experienced by a few people in my company in both Firefox and Chrome.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Marisa,

Sorry for your issue. Can you share a link to your journal so we can take a look? You can send me a private GeoNet message if you'd rather not post the link here.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
MarisaBayer
Deactivated User

Hi Owen - thanks for the response. Here's the story map: http://arcg.is/1PuU9tj . The maps are on Slides 4 & 5 (Cook County...).

This is a sporadic issue - it doesn't happen all the time, but has happened enough that people within my company have commented.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Marisa,

I tested your map journal on my office and home networks as well as on my phone over the cell network and it loaded fine each time. I also looked at the network traffic using the browser dev tools and didn't notice any errors or anything else that looked like it would cause a problem.

It may be a network issue on your side or a cache issue. If you hear anyone else complain about this please ask them to clear their browser cache and try again, and let me know if it continues to be an issue.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos