Select to view content in your preferred language

I am working to update some information within my Story Map, I am not able to get the changes that I make in the dashboard to show up in active Story Map.

07-23-2019 11:14 AM
TimMueller
Emerging Contributor

These are edits to sources, footnotes and links.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Tim -- Sorry you are having an issue updating your story. Can you please share some more detail about the issue you are having? We don't have enough info to help you troubleshoot.

What classic template are you using (Journal, Series, Cascade, etc.)? Can you also please clarify what you mean by "dashboard?" Some screenshots would be helpful as well as a list of steps you are going through when you encounter the problem.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
TimMueller
Emerging Contributor

0 Kudos
TimMueller
Emerging Contributor

0 Kudos
TimMueller
Emerging Contributor

Hi Owen,

Thanks for your reply, apologize that it took me a little time to get back with you on this. The bottom line is that I am working to edit text and do not have the workflow to make the edit go live in the internally to NDOT published Story map. I hope this is helpful, it is my first story map and I did not create the original.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Tim -- Thanks for the additional info. Story Maps will load the content you are pointing to every time the story loads, so there's no reason for an update to the embedded content to not show up inside the story. Are you sure you are updating the same version of the dashboard that is embedded in the story? Are the dashboard changes being saved or just made in the configuration environment? If they are not saved, they will not appear in the story. What happens if you load the dashboard by itself in another browser tab?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos