Select to view content in your preferred language

Attention span for the average viewer

Jump to solution
07-24-2019 02:22 PM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

At the 2019 UC, I attended a session about story maps, and there was a "fun fact" given about the amount of time people are likely to spend on a traditional web page (xx seconds?) vs. something interactive like a story map (xx minutes?).  

I didn't get those jotted down, and now I'm wishing I had.  Is there anyone who could answer this?  I would much rather have an actual number, rather than using the watered down phrase "people like these, and will look at your content a lot longer!".  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tracy, 

According to a few different white papers state, the average time spent on a web page is around 30 seconds. When we did an assessment of time-on-page for the stories the StoryMaps team created, however, the average was more than 5 minutes and 30 seconds (I believe 5:36 was the exact number). Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tracy, 

According to a few different white papers state, the average time spent on a web page is around 30 seconds. When we did an assessment of time-on-page for the stories the StoryMaps team created, however, the average was more than 5 minutes and 30 seconds (I believe 5:36 was the exact number). Hope that helps! 

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

That's exactly what I was after, thanks Hannah!

0 Kudos
ShannonMurphy4
New Contributor II

Tracy Schloss‌ I just posted the same question and was directed to your message. Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who wanted to follow up on that!

0 Kudos