Does the new MapJournal application template work with IE8?

Jump to solution
07-21-2014 02:53 PM
DavidStoddard
New Contributor

I'm getting situations with excessive loading times on a mapjournal template using the IE 8 browser and one of my clients is getting a map failed to load error. Has anyone been able to get this application template to work on this browser?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi David,

Map Journal is not supported on IE8, it is supported on IE9+.

Map Journal authoring is supported on IE10+.

IE8 users should see a message indicating that their browser is not supported but an issue is preventing that message to appear. The application will never load and may fail with random message like you noticed.

We don't plan on adding IE8 support as our early test show terrible performance, so I will make sure the proper message is displayed as soon as possible. I have opened an issue on GitHub for you to track.

Thanks for reporting

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi David,

Map Journal is not supported on IE8, it is supported on IE9+.

Map Journal authoring is supported on IE10+.

IE8 users should see a message indicating that their browser is not supported but an issue is preventing that message to appear. The application will never load and may fail with random message like you noticed.

We don't plan on adding IE8 support as our early test show terrible performance, so I will make sure the proper message is displayed as soon as possible. I have opened an issue on GitHub for you to track.

Thanks for reporting

0 Kudos