Story Map- CONFIGURE APP

07-21-2014 11:29 AM
LesliRawlings
New Contributor II

I'm new to this forum.  I am using an AGO (subscription) based account. Pictures in the story map are hosted through ArcGIS Online (Feature service). Prior to the July 2014 update, you could save the web map with a desired basemap. Next, you could click the Share button in the web map-> MAKE A WEB APPLICATION->choose a template (i.e. Map tour)-> Save & Publish-> VIEW ITEM-> CONFIGURE APP. 

The View Item and Configure App steps are not seen after you Save & Publish.  Instead, you need pick an option on how to add the picture (ArcGIS, flickr, facebook, CSV, and so forth).  However, eventually you must CONFIGURE APP in order to see the story map.  When is the best point in the process to CONFIGURE APP?  Before adding a single picture or when the map is completely finished?  Thanks-

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

As you noticed the July release simplified the application publication workflow simple by removing the "view item" and "Configure" steps. Those change should not affect any of your existing app or any new app. Did you see any specific issue there?

The dialog that ask you to choose the source for your pictures is the same than before. It's just that instead of being displayed after your click "Configure" it is displayed after you click "Save and publish". In other word this dialog is where you configure your app.

The first time you save your tour, a link to the item page will be displayed (you can also get it at anytime from the share dialog). When you go to the item page the configure button will still be here.

0 Kudos