Select to view content in your preferred language

Deciding which story-maps to build...

Jump to solution
01-29-2015 02:44 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found this very early story-map in a visualization whitepaper (full document available here: http://www.tableau.com/whitepapers/designing-great-visualizations), it got me thinking about what stories I need to tell and how best to present the information.

Does anyone have any experience systematically working through the problem of determining which story-maps to build?  I think once you know what you're going to tell it's easier to decide how to tell it - but would welcome comments on the 'how' as well as the 'what'.

And please don't tell me to start with my biggest problem, and work my way down!

Early story map.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Very interesting question. From now as you must know, the StoryMaps answer is the application's page that describe each of our templates Apps | Story Maps. Stay tuned in the next months, we will make choosing the application that best fits your need an interactive experience.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II

Robert,

Not sure if this directly answers your question but the Charles Minard visualization has already been created as a story map:

http://storymaps.esri.com/templates/development/stable/geoblog/?appid=42459c24c8a44f328e55c9043bf262...

Also more info can be found in a Esri blog here:

Catching Up with Time | Esri Insider

Regards

Anthony

GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Very interesting question. From now as you must know, the StoryMaps answer is the application's page that describe each of our templates Apps | Story Maps. Stay tuned in the next months, we will make choosing the application that best fits your need an interactive experience.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I'm really concentrating on is the 'systemic' part of this.  I have some data, working to get more, and I want to present things in ways that will lead to smarter decisions in my organization.

In some cases choosing to 'go to press' too soon may prove costly.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Anthony, great connection.

0 Kudos