Select to view content in your preferred language

Color issues at Beta 99

12-28-2022 02:23 PM
Labels (2)
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Greetings,

I had updated one of my apps to use the new beta 99 and the expected colors for components are all just using defaults no matter what color property is set to.  Is there something that I am missing that allows colors for components?

I took the theme switcher tutorial and added a chip (color red) and a button (color neutral) and they both just display default colors.  The codepen for this is at: Test Components beta 99 color (codepen.io)

Any suggestions for making the colors work properly?  

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KittyHurley
Esri Contributor

Hi Tom, 

Apologies for the confusion, we're nearing the 1.0 release next month so the beta.99 release has a considerable number of breaking changes from last month's release, which include color.

For the color-specific changes in the Codepen provided, would mean changing the "color" attribute to "kind", and updating the value (value will depend on the component, listed below):

• chip: "neutral" (default), "brand", "inverse"
  • button/fab/split-button: "brand" (default), "danger", "inverse", "neutral"
  • alert/notice/modal: "brand" (default), "danger", "info", "success", "warning"

<calcite-chip kind="inverse">test</calcite-chip>
<calcite-button kind="neutral">test</calcite-button>

Would recommend checking out the beta.99 release on GitHub for the full list of breaking changes, features, and bug fixes between the beta.98 release in November and beta.99 earlier this month.

Thanks for reaching out!

0 Kudos