Error Layers - Branch versioned datasets

Jump to solution
09-30-2021 04:44 AM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with information about the setup of the error layers with a branch versioned dataset?

We currently have the Utility Network implemented (branch versioned) within a SQL Server EGDB. There are validation attribute rules placed on the various feature classes of the Utility Network (eg. Electric Device). Our Portal contains a ArcGIS Pro project package (eg. master file) that the users use to edit the Utility Network. The ArcGIS Pro project package has various feature classes, python toolboxes, etc.

What I want to know is - How should/best practice the Error Layers be managed within the project file? Should be they be already part of the project's content and when changing versions, it's all managed correctly? Or should they be added to the content of the project after the user has changed to a version where they need to 'Evaluate Rules' from within the Error Inspector?

I think it should be part of the project's content and managed with the Versioning tools which is how the Utility Network is managed but I'm unable to find any information that specifically states the setup when used with branch versioned datasets.

Thank you for any time with this

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Hey Anthony

This is a known bug, the error layer of validation server should be included and packaged in the project package. They are currently not packaged (you get an error when you try) and you will have to add them manually every time. 

Edit: Bug number  BUG-000151105

-Hussein

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Hey Anthony

This is a known bug, the error layer of validation server should be included and packaged in the project package. They are currently not packaged (you get an error when you try) and you will have to add them manually every time. 

Edit: Bug number  BUG-000151105

-Hussein

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

@HusseinNasser2 ,

Would you happen to know what the bug number is so I can look out for and to see when it might be fixed?

Thanks for the information

Anthony

0 Kudos
JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

I would also like to know the bug number for this issue @HusseinNasser2 and @AnthonyRyanEQL 

0 Kudos
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Sorry took me a while to get back, this has been addressed in Pro 3.0. Unfortunately this cannot be back ported to 2.x because it was breaking change in the CIM model.

0 Kudos
JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

Thank you @HusseinNasser2 . Are you able to provide me with a bug number so I can easily reference the issue when dealing with Esri Support?

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Hussein,

If you could provide the BUG number would be greatly appreciated. I'm talking with Tom Brown about our ArcGIS Pro project for editing the Utility Network and he was asking why certain configurations were done and replied it was due to this bug. Tom has asked me to find out what the bug is for him. Thanks

0 Kudos
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Here is the bug number for this issue BUG-000151105

thanks! 

0 Kudos