Select to view content in your preferred language

Can Attribute Rules be used on feature service?

Jump to solution
03-08-2023 07:39 PM
Aнастасия88
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to set up Attribute Rules on hosted feature layers stored in the portal of my organization. I set up an immediate calculation on a point layer that automatically creates a buffer based on the point location for a polygon layer upon insertion of a point feature. This rule also automatically populates attributes of both layers based on attributes taken from other polygon layers that intersect with them. I set up this rule on ArcGIS Pro and published it as a hosted feature service in our organization portal.

Does anyone know how to make Attribute Rules work on hosted feature service?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Attribute rules are not supported in Hosted Feature Services.  You will need to use an enterprise GDB.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

Attribute rules are not supported in Hosted Feature Services.  You will need to use an enterprise GDB.

ShellieWatts1
New Contributor

When will this be available? 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Yes.  The attribute rule fires in the GDB, so the client does not really matter except that the client may not read the return edits statement and refresh the map correctly.  When apply edits is called, if an attribute creates other features or edits the current feature, that info is returned in the return edits statements.  Clients need to be aware of this if they want to reflect those changes in their maps.  This does not affect the execution of the rule, but the end user may have to refresh to see the results.

MikeMillerGIS

Yes

0 Kudos
Aнастасия88
Regular Contributor

Thats great, thanks a lot Mike!

0 Kudos