Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with loading TIFF data into ArcPad 10.2

01-10-2014 03:21 AM
PatricBrandt
New Contributor
Hey there,

I am trying to load TIFF data into ArcPad 10.2 using the 'Get Data for ArcPad' function of the ArcPad Data Manager in ArcGis 10.1. After deploying a tiff layer and adding it to an ArcPad map, the data of the layer are not shown. The ArcPad map stays empty. Though, the layer itself appears in the 'Table of Content' view. ArcPad is run on the same machine where ArcMap is running and on a Trimble Yuma2. It doesn't make a difference. I tried all export actions that are available. The result does not change, except for the JPG2000 option which produces a very blurred image representation in ArcPad that doesn't look very usable. I also tried different TIFF images (with different compressions) with no effect.

Yet, having an exactly rendered TIFF image in ArcPad should be doable in general, right?

Any advise is welcome. Thanks a lot!

cheers

Patric
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Deactivated User
Hi Patric,

It is important to understand which type of TIFF file you are using (as there are many variations) and if ArcPad is able to support your particular TIFF file.

This Help Topic details ArcPad support for TIFF files.

If your TIFF file does not appear on the list - please contact Esri Technical Support to request support for your specific TIFF format.

Hannah 🙂
0 Kudos
PatricBrandt
New Contributor
Hi Hannah,

thanks for your reply!

I managed to load TIFF files into ArcPad 10.2, yet only those that have an original 8bit pixel depth or are rendered to 8bit. I didn't manage to add TIFFs with an higher pixel depths (16, 32 bit). Is there a solution for that or is it simply not possible?

Thanks again!

cheers,
Patric
0 Kudos