Password hidden in input box

06-11-2013 11:18 PM
JamesNunn
New Contributor III
I am trying to create an input box for the entry of a private password, but there doesn't seem to be an in-built ArcPad function or object for replacing input text with asterisks. Is there a way of coding this, preferably in JS?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
James,

Please look at the ArcPad Login Form sample described on ArcPad Team Blog, it's VBScript not JScript but should be enough information in sample applet to get you going with JScript. The ArcPad Login Form sample can be downloaded from ArcScripts at: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=16477. ArcPad Forums is another resource to get assistance with scripting from other ArcPad users.

Good Luck,
Denise
0 Kudos
JamesNunn
New Contributor III
Thanks Denise, I am using the Login form currently but it appears to lack the entry of a password - the user only selects their username and gets on with the work. I have an ftp connection setup which requires a password and I'd like a bit more secure password entry.
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
James,

I didn't even notice the lack of password entry in the Login Form sample. I'll do some more research and post information when found.

Denise
0 Kudos
ThaiTruong
Occasional Contributor II
To create a masked Password input field, open your form in ArcPad Studio, add an input text control to your form.  Then under the control properties, check on the "Password" check box.

Now, each character you enter in that text box will be displayed as asterisk (*).

To get the value of the input password, just use:
pControls("txtPassword").Value

where, "txtPassword" is the name of that control.
0 Kudos