Help on <TABLEFORM> element?

02-02-2011 10:18 AM
AndrewZimba
Occasional Contributor
Why is there no help on this element in ArcPad Studio 10?  There's help on the <EDITFORM> element, on which <TABLEFORM> elements reside.  There's help on <PAGE> elements, which live on <TABLEFORM> elements.  But there is no help on the <TABLEFORM> element. 

I realize it's important to get products to market, but with incomplete help?  On long-awaited enhancements such as customizing related table forms?  C'mon ESRI ArcPad Team, get it together!!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
Comboboxes support .clear to empty the combobox for all its values (not just make nothing selected).

Is it correct that you try to use a combobox called "cboSICCode"?

In your code that works you use "cboSICClass". Are we talking about two different comboboxes?

Secondly you can change the following code

Dim inPath, rsList
inPath = Preferences.Properties("DataPath") & "/"
Set rsList = Application.CreateAppObject("recordset")
Dim strSICClass
strSICClass = pCtrls("cboSICClass").Value
msgbox "cboSICClass = " & strSICClass <--so does this
pCtrls("cboSICCode").Clear <-- "class does not support automation" here
rsList.Open inPath & "SICCodes.dbf",1
rsList.MoveFirst
While Not rsList.EOF
If Left(rsList.Fields("CODE").Value, 2) = pCtrls("cboSICClass").Value Then
Call pCtrls("cboSICCode").Additem(rsList.Fields("DESCRI P").Value, rsList.Fields("DESCRIP").Value)
End If
rsList.MoveNext
Wend

with

pCtrls("cboSICCode").Clear
pCtrls("cboSICCode").Additemsfromtable Preferences.Properties("DataPath") & "\SICCodes.dbf", "DESCRIP", "DESCRIP", "Left(
, 2) = """ & pCtrls("cboSICClass").Value  & """"

again assuming that cboSICCode actually exists.

Rolf
0 Kudos
JasonTipton
Occasional Contributor III
Ooooh. Yeah. This means that what I've been developing isn't going to work. That seems to be a very frequent feeling.

ESRI, you may want to take note:

Rolf is right. ComboBoxes do support .clear. The reason that I thought that they didn't is because I was trying to .clear a ComboBox inside a <TableForm> element.  Later I switched to just a normal form to build my other forms with the intention of moving them into a <TableForm> element. Of course, I did not use the .clear. Instead, I used the .ListIndex = -1. This seemed to work.... until I read Rolf's post.  I tried the .ListIndex = -1 inside a <TableForm> element. . .To my unsurprise, it does not work.

Here's my code:
console.print(ThisEvent.Object.Parent.Controls("Field1").ListIndex)

This works. It prints the .ListIndex

ThisEvent.Object.Parent.Controls("Field1").Clear

or
ThisEvent.Object.Parent.Controls("Field1").ListIndex = -1

These do not work. Error message:

Class doesn't support Automation
Source Text Unavailable

If you misspell your control, ex:
ThisEvent.Object.Parent.Controls("Fiel1").ListIndex = -1

Object Required
Source Text Unavailable

so it is a different message.

Again, this DOES WORK inside a <FORM> but the SAME CODE does not work inside a <TABLEFORM>.
0 Kudos
JamesNunn
New Contributor III
Is there any more information on accessing related tables since this thread started? How about the documentation update? Also relevant is the thread below

[HTML]http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/11435-Show-related-tables-as-part-of-selection-query?p=205611#post2...
0 Kudos