Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPad liscence transfer

Jump to solution
09-30-2015 09:42 AM
JustinQuesada
Deactivated User

Hello.

This may be a simple question. I want to transfer the arcpad 10.2 liscence that I have from my desktop to my laptop. how would i go about doing this? I know this is not specifically an ArcPad question but more of a liscencing question but i figured i would give it a shot. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Justin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It's not as tricky as the other software.  (don't quote me on this, but I think you are allowed to develop on the Desktop, then use one copy on the laptop for the field). 

Assuming you still have your registration number, you can just install the software on the laptop and enter it when the prompt comes up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It's not as tricky as the other software.  (don't quote me on this, but I think you are allowed to develop on the Desktop, then use one copy on the laptop for the field). 

Assuming you still have your registration number, you can just install the software on the laptop and enter it when the prompt comes up.

0 Kudos
JustinQuesada
Deactivated User

I reread the user license agreement and I believe what you have described is allowed. I now have it working on my laptop and all is well. Thank you. I am a little concerned about removing the license on my desktop as I actually uninstalled arcpad from my desktop and then reinstalled it, and I was not prompted to re-enter the license. I can imagine the license fiascos that could ensue from an uninstall process not removing the license. Maybe I am going about that process the wrong way. Again, thank you for the info.

Regards,

Justin

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glad I could help.  Please make sure to mark this question as answered.  Thanks

0 Kudos