Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting Symbology for lines Issue

06-13-2012 03:26 PM
RianDest
New Contributor
I have a shapefile containing Geometry Type: Line

The lines represent elevation contours. The elevation for each contour is stored in a field "ELEVATION".

To color the lines according to the value stored in the ELEVATION field, I am going to Layer Properties->Symbology Tab->Show: Quantities ->Graduated colors and selecting Value: ELEVATION from the Fields dropdown.

After I press OK to save the above, I see the contours are colored as expected.

Finally from the ArcPad Data Manager Toolbar dropdown, I select "Export shapefile symbology for ArcPad" to generate the .apl file ArcPad needs.

Unfortunately the result is only a 2k ArcPad file containing the following xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ArcPad>
   <LAYER name="Contours">
      <SYMBOLOGY>
         <SIMPLELABELRENDERER visible="false" field="ELEVATION">
            <TEXTSYMBOL angle="0" fontcolor="0,0,0" font="Arial" fontsize="8" horzalignment="center" vertalignment="center" rtl="false">
            </TEXTSYMBOL>
         </SIMPLELABELRENDERER>
      </SYMBOLOGY>
      <FORMS>
         <EDITFORM name="Contours" caption="Contours" width="130" height="130" attributespagevisible="false">
            <PAGE name="page1" caption="Page 1">
               <LABEL name="lblELEVATION" x="2" y="3" width="60" height="12" tabstop="false" caption="ELEVATION">
               </LABEL>
               <EDIT name="txtELEVATION" x="64" y="2" width="60" height="12" tabstop="true" required="true" readonly="false" field="ELEVATION">
               </EDIT>
            </PAGE>
         </EDITFORM>
         <QUERYFORM name="QUERYFORM" caption="Query Form" width="130" height="130">
            <PAGE name="page1" caption="Contours Query (Page 1)">
               <LABEL name="lblELEVATION" x="2" y="3" width="60" height="12" tabstop="false" caption="ELEVATION">
               </LABEL>
               <EDIT name="txtELEVATION" x="64" y="2" width="60" height="12" tabstop="true" required="true" readonly="false" field="ELEVATION">
               </EDIT>
            </PAGE>
         </QUERYFORM>
      </FORMS>
   </LAYER>
</ArcPad>

None of the line symbology appears to be present in the .apl file that is generated.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HannahFerrier
Regular Contributor
Unfortunately, ArcPad does not currently support QUANTITY style symbology.

This issue has already been lodged with Esri Support.

🙂 Hannah
0 Kudos