Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPad Studio Editing form on mobile device, VBScript runtime error

05-22-2015 02:00 PM
BenjaminGrover
Emerging Contributor

Hi all,

Hoping someone will be able to help out with an error I'm getting.  I have several pieces of code in VBScript that go along with my data collection form I created in studio.  This particular piece of the code reads a .txt file (it originally read an .xls file to do the same thing before i tried changing it to fix this issue), and then creates an array of the data to compare against a later entry in the form for some quality control of data gathered.  This code runs perfectly on my desktop computer, but is throwing an error when I put it on the Trimble GeoXT 6000 series handheld unit, which is running OS 6.5.10 and ArcPad 10.0, and my desktop is running ArcPad 10.2 (I have tried running this same app on an identical mobile unit with ArcPad 10.2 on it and i still get the same error).

My searches have turned up some things about the 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'  command needing a .dll file called scrrun.dll to be loaded and registered on the machine.  However, all of these search results mentioning this have been referring to desktop PCs, not mobile units running Windows Mobile.   Wondering if anyone knows a solution to enable my handheld to be able to understand my working code I have written, or if there is a different command in VBScript to achieve the same process that the windows mobile software is capable of processing. 

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
0 Replies