ArcPad 10 Service Pack 1 Is Now Available for Download

11-17-2010 07:41 PM
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor
This service pack includes multiple performance improvements and maintenance fixes.
Download link, install insturctions and list of issues addressed can be found on resources center:

http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=viewPatch&PID=26&MetaID=1709
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III
Do you know what happened to the download link to Service Pack 1? It's empty right now.

Renato Salvaleon
Goergia Power Land Department
GIS Analyst
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Isn't that typical ESRI? Announce a service pack release but then remove all access and links to it? I'm currently on the phone with tech support (12/7) and they are tying to find out where it went.
0 Kudos
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
Isn't that typical ESRI? Announce a service pack release but then remove all access and links to it? I'm currently on the phone with tech support (12/7) and they are tying to find out where it went.

No, I do not think that is typical ESRI.
Why would it be in ESRI's interest to do something like that?

Most likely an error since it is now back online (at least I managed to download it using the link form the ArcPad Team Blog site)

The service pack was announced in the end of October and released in the beginning of November.

Rolf
0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor
Unfortunately the service pack HAS been removed from resources centre :(. The team has been told it will shortly be on the Customer Care portal. We also hope it will be on the product page as the evaluation download.
0 Kudos
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
Unfortunately the service pack HAS been removed from resources centre :(. The team has been told it will shortly be on the Customer Care portal. We also hope it will be on the product page as the evaluation download.

I just used the eval download and did not check out the version of the downloaded file (silly me).
The version I downloaded was 10.0 Build 55.

Rolf
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was able to get tech support to talk to their supervisors and apparently this was all a huge mix up from ESRI. They are moving the service pack to the costumer care portal and the downloads should be active the week of December 13th.
The first tech I spoke with told me to download the evaluation also. But the tech support was told the eval version had been updated when in fact it had not been. This is why I said typical ESRI - the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I had a similar experience with a service pack for 9.2 a few years ago. It was all over the internet that is was available, but you couldn't download it anywhere. What irritated me was that tech support insisted the eval version was updated, and I had a heck of a time telling them it wasn't. Nothing like assuming the customer is wrong. But thank to you ESRI for realizing the mix up and for fixing it. The eval version and the SP1 will be available (hopefully) next week.
0 Kudos
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor
This service pack includes multiple performance improvements and maintenance fixes.
Download link, install insturctions and list of issues addressed can be found on resources center:

http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=viewPatch&PID=26&MetaID=1709

Hi, all,

I apologize for any inconvenience resulting from this post.

When I created this post in November, ArcPad 10 SP1 was just released and the downloan link was working.

Now the download site is being relocated to the ESRI electronic software download site. The software download will be available no later than the week of December 13.
0 Kudos
ToddStuber
Esri Contributor
ArcPad with SP1 is now available for download via the Customer Care Portal.  Please log in using your Esri Global ID and follow the Software Download > ArcPad 10 link.
0 Kudos
RonRioux
New Contributor
On Windows 7 the installation fails every time for me on the Makecab.exe file.  Anyone know of a solution to this?
0 Kudos