Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPad 10-question marks showing up where toolbar icons should be

06-20-2012 11:43 AM
ScottWilson5
New Contributor
I'm using ArcPad 10 and I recently noticed that my toolbar icons are now replaced with all red question marks, including the drop-down menus.  Has anyone experienced this?  Can anyone help me? 

Thanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Regular Contributor
Hi Scott,

I have had this happen to me when I have been installing and uninstalling different versions of ArcPad.

My advice would be to do a full uninstall of ArcPad and then perform a fresh install of ArcPad.

It is possible that some of the folders (eg. the icons folder) that were installed by ArcPad have been moved/removed.

Have you re-mapped your My Documents path recently? Are you logging onto the machine with a different profile?

Let me know how you get on,

Hannah
0 Kudos
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
When ArcPad 10 first came out I found that if you have a custom ArcPad.apx which is not in the "Default" folder (in my case that is C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArcPad\System), you need to copy your icon/bitmap files to the standard ArcPad Systems folder.

In this case
<PATHS public="C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArcPad" data="C:\users\rolf" applets="" styles="" extensions="" templates=""/>
<CONFIG file="C:\MyCustomArcpad\ArcPad.apx"/>

The custom tools will all have question marks unless I copy all the icon/bitmap files to C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArcPad\System

In this case
<PATHS public="C:\MyCustomArcpad" data="C:\users\rolf" applets="" styles="" extensions="" templates=""/>
<CONFIG file="C:\MyCustomArcpad\System\ArcPad.apx"/>

Everything works fine since all my icon/bitmaps also reside in "C:\MyCustomArcpad\System

Rolf
0 Kudos