ArcPad 10 display selects to random, unwanted zoom level after filling out form

05-28-2013 02:28 PM
StephenNicholson
New Contributor II
Whenever I fill out my form and capture a point using either GPS or manual placement, the display scale goes to a zoom level that is nothing like what it was when I begin point capture. For example, if the scale bar was 10 feet per unit, after filling out and closing my form the display zooms to some odd scale like 29.72 feet per unit! So I have to continuously rezoom after each point is collected to get back to where I was. I've looked for some option or default setting that would fix this, but I'm just not seeing it. I'm looking for the same behavior that ArcPad 6.X had. I've used ArcPad since version 5.0 and I'm embarrassed to be so stumped.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThaiTruong
Occasional Contributor II
Hi there...

I wonder if you have "Automatic Map Rotation" option turn on?  Try to turn it off to see if it helps resolve your problem.  This option is under GPS toolbar.

Otherwise, you can also contact ESRI's technical support to get help on this. Version 10.x is under full support.  See ArcPad Product Life Cycle for more info.
0 Kudos
EdSchools
New Contributor
I am having the same issue with a bit more of a complication. I am trying to capture a line feature at the same time as points (a meander survey with plant points). The gps is set to continuously capture vertices. When I capture a point (using the capture point with gps button), the map rescales. When I go to the browse tools to re-zoom, the polyline button and the continuously capture vertices buttons turn off. Restarting the line editing appears to create a noise spike and I get a new vertex way off from where it should be. Then everything settles down and works until until we take a new point. I end up needing to edit the line features to remove the noise.

ed
0 Kudos
StephenNicholson
New Contributor II
Whenever I fill out my form and capture a point using either GPS or manual placement, the display scale goes to a zoom level that is nothing like what it was when I begin point capture. For example, if the scale bar was 10 feet per unit, after filling out and closing my form the display zooms to some odd scale like 29.72 feet per unit! So I have to continuously rezoom after each point is collected to get back to where I was. I've looked for some option or default setting that would fix this, but I'm just not seeing it. I'm looking for the same behavior that ArcPad 6.X had. I've used ArcPad since version 5.0 and I'm embarrassed to be so stumped.

I hoped that upgrading to ArcPad 10.2 would resolve the random zoom scale issue, but it has not. It is also device independent. The fact that there is so little discussion on such an annoying issue leads me to believe I am doing something wrong or need to change a not-so-obvious setting. Can anyone else verify they are having the same issue?
0 Kudos