Select to view content in your preferred language

arcpad 10 and arcmap 9.3.1

06-19-2012 04:57 AM
adamkorreckt
New Contributor II
i am currently running arcmap 9.3.1 and arcpad 7.0. Im fixen to upgrade to arcmap 10 and arcpad 10. the system requirments  say arcpad 10 will work with 9.3.1 but when it installs it installs arcpad 8 if your using 9.3.1. i plan on using it this way for a month or so. but when i get ready to  install arcmap 10 will it reinstall arcpad 10.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HannahFerrier
Regular Contributor
Hi Adam,

When you install ArcPad 10, it will detect which version of ArcMap you have installed on your machine.

If it is ArcMap 9.3, then you will have an ArcPad 10 installation, BUT the ArcPad Data Manager Toolbar (in ArcMap) will be the ArcPad 8 Toolbar.

If it is ArcPad 10, then you will have and ArcPad 10 installation and the ArcPad Data Manager Toolbar will be the ArcPad 10 Toolbar (new features and functionality).

So either way - your version of ArcPad will be ArcPad 10 -it is only the ArcMap Tools that will be different depending on your version of ArcMap.

If you are planning on upgrading your ArcMap installation from 9.3 to 10, you will need to uninstall and reinstall ArcPad to detect the new version and install the new tools.

Thanks,

Hannah 🙂
0 Kudos