zipper task in .NET for ArcGIS 10

09-03-2010 12:47 AM
16 Replies
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
Please try the attached and let me know what you see.
0 Kudos
CarmenDurham
Occasional Contributor II
Still no luck. Same error at above. 

Also, when we try "extract all", we receive the "no files to extract" error.

We have no problems downloading the files from the Zipper Link that Sean had above.

Could you try emailing it to: cdurham@greenvillesc.gov  ?

Our user tried just working with trace and topology tool but the zipper tool works best for what he has to do.  Mainly readjusting 14 feature class boundaries along a parcel line that gets "adjusted" by the county (which happens a lot).  The zipper tool allowed him to "zip" all 14 layers to a new line features (usually with lots of vertices).

Thanks,
Carmen
0 Kudos
RaymondWang
New Contributor III
One word of caution, if you have parametric curves, it will not snap to them properly.  My solution is to convert your parcels into Shape and re-import them back as GBD/SDE etc...

Good Luck!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Did you all have success with registering the tool. I have been adjusting to the ESRIRegASM but continually get a syntax error message.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\EsriRegAsm.exe  C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin\ZipperPrj_Net\ZipperPrj_Net\obj\Release\ZipperPrj_Net.dll

I have tweaked and added syntax adjustments from : http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#//0001000004n6000000

info page but continually get syntax errors?

Anyone got some helpful thoughts?

HK
0 Kudos
RonnieRichards
Occasional Contributor III
This is an old thread but this was the only place I found the zippertask for 10.x and had no problems registering the tool and adding it to ArcMap 10 SP3.

Make sure to put the command in quotes because some directory names might contain spaces. Here is an example:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\EsriRegAsm.exe" "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\custom\ZipperPrj_Net.dll"

Sure wish this tool was in the resource center or better yet built into the baseline ArcGIS Desktop product... How many years has it been a "sample" but it's one of the only ways to bring polygon's together in ArcGIS?
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
You can find the zipper tool for 10.x at ArcGIS.com

This functionality has been included in ArcGIS 10.1, along with several other tools, to improve the experience of aligning features within and between layers.
0 Kudos
KevinOrcutt
New Contributor
The ArcGIS10 zipper tool has been posted to the code gallery. 
See the ReadMe.txt file within the download for instructions. 

Zipper Tool Link

Hey Sean,
Downloaded the file, but there was NO "ReadMe.txt" in it... Any chance that the .Net solution could be posted instead of the final install package??? I'm code curious! Always wanting to look at code! 😄

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Orcutt
GIS Developer/Consultant
City of Cincinnati â?? Cincinnati Area GIS (CAGIS)
Kevin.Orcutt@cincinnati-oh.gov
(513) 850-1335 (cell)
www.cagis.org

P.S. Total Side Note: Hey Tony and Carmen... How's Greenville going??? I grew up not too far from you, a little east right down HWY 29... in Taylor!!! Still have Family in the Greenville and Greer areas!
Later!
0 Kudos