vb.net arcobjects draw a transparent polygon, then perform a spatial query

08-07-2014 12:56 AM
LiYao
by
New Contributor III

Hi everybody,

Actually I am struggle this issue for quick a few days. What I want to develop is to draw a transparent polygon on the map, after that perform a spatial query (get polylines on a layer intersect the polygon drawn). I follow the examples from ESRI and several experts from internet, but still cannot make it work.

The first step, draw a transparent polygon on map, I followed the bellowing "Draw Polygon Snippet" from ESRI website, but the strange thing is the start point of the polygon always at the top of the map:

Public Sub DrawPolygon(ByVal activeView As ESRI.ArcGIS.Carto.IActiveView)

If activeView Is Nothing Then

Return

End If

Dim screenDisplay As ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.IScreenDisplay = activeView.ScreenDisplay

' Constant

screenDisplay.StartDrawing(screenDisplay.hDC, CShort(ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.esriScreenCache.esriNoScreenCache))

Dim rgbColor As ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.IRgbColor = New ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.RgbColorClass

rgbColor.Red = 255

Dim color As ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.IColor = rgbColor ' Implicit Cast

Dim simpleFillSymbol As ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.ISimpleFillSymbol = New ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.SimpleFillSymbolClass

simpleFillSymbol.Color = color

Dim symbol As ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.ISymbol = TryCast(simpleFillSymbol, ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.ISymbol) ' Dynamic Cast

Dim rubberBand As ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.IRubberBand = New ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.RubberPolygonClass

Dim geometry As ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.IGeometry = rubberBand.TrackNew(screenDisplay, symbol)

screenDisplay.SetSymbol(symbol)

screenDisplay.DrawPolygon(geometry)

screenDisplay.FinishDrawing()

End Sub

And how to select all the features (in a polyline layer) intersect the polygon? All the steps will be perform after clicking a button.

Can anybody kindly give me advice? Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies