ICadastralImporter not available on ArsGIS Server?

Jump to solution
09-21-2017 07:18 PM
YoumeiGe
New Contributor III

Version: ArcGIS Server 10.22

Hi all,

We are trying to use ArcObject Cadastral libraries within a map service SOE in order to convert a feature, and write the feature to our Parcel Febric.  We are facing the following problem.

The following line is causing the exception below:

ICadastralImporter cadastralImporter = new CadastralTopologyImporter();

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {BED8E61A-D6B8-4E9D-AED4-BC60F5422BC4}

failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT:             0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

I have searched my PC registry and found BED8E61A-D6B8-4E9D-AED4-BC60F5422BC4 is esriCadastral.CadastralTopologyImporter, and  ESRI.ArcGIS.Cadastral.dll  exists on my ArcObkect SDK installation. However, our system adminstrator advised that he is not able to find the same on the server machine.

It is mentioned at http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/componenthelp/index.html#/ICadastralImporter_Inte...

Product Availability

Available with ArcGIS Desktop.

Does this mean Cadastral libraries are not supported for ArcGIS Server? and it is only avaiileble on ArcGISDesktop?

What is best way to write/convert a feature into Parcel Fabric? Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Youmei Ge | Senior Spatial Analyst/Developer | Information Services Branch 

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Western Australia

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YuanLiu
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that means this interface is only available with Desktop, not for Engine or Server. So is the whole Cadastral library ArcObjects Help for .NET developers . Is it possible for you to do the workflow in a Desktop application, like a console, instead of SOE?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YuanLiu
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that means this interface is only available with Desktop, not for Engine or Server. So is the whole Cadastral library ArcObjects Help for .NET developers . Is it possible for you to do the workflow in a Desktop application, like a console, instead of SOE?

0 Kudos
YoumeiGe
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps we should be considering other alternatives.

0 Kudos