Hide ArcMap Commands and Bttons

01-14-2014 06:00 AM
SanajyJadhav
Occasional Contributor II
Hello,

I am developing an extension for the ArcMap in which, I will be removing the native tools and commands in the ArcMap. I am doing this in the Startup method of the extension when application framework in initialized.

I have been able to remove most of then however, stuck on the few things mentioned below.

1. Remove the Catalog and Search buttons that appear on the right hand side of the ArcMap ( screen shot attached)

2. Customize context menu.

3. Context menu for Table of contents screen shot attached ( screen shot attached)

I would appreciate any help on this since I am not being able to figure this out.

Thanks in advance.
S.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bhides2985

Hi Sanjay,

Here are the UID's for the tools you want to hide i.e. search dockable window, catalog window and Layer's context menu.

Public Property Get SearchDockableWindow() As UID
Dim u As New UID
u = "{D949DEFF-85E0-47DB-B533-CB2BE6C631CB}"
Set SearchDockableWindow = u
End Property
-------------------
Public Property Get Layer_ContextMenu() As UID
Dim u As New UID
u = "{3ED585D1-0F8A-11D2-94B1-080009EEBECB}"
Set Layer_ContextMenu = u
End Property
-------------
Public Property Get File_CatalogWindow() As UID
Dim u As New UID
u = "{79D6A9E5-C3C3-4F47-9E7F-4ABE329EAA67}"
Set File_CatalogWindow = u
End Property
----------------------
You can disable these commands in your extension. I did not understand what do you mean by Customize context menu. You can send me the screenshot for the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Swapna.
0 Kudos
SanajyJadhav
Occasional Contributor II
Swapna,

Thank you for the reply and your help.

I tried these UIDs however they did not work. Those windows are just there in the ArcMap.

Just to be more clear, I have attached the screen shots of the windows I want to remove from the ArcMap. Please view them and let me know how can I remove this windows from the ArcMap. Or else, if I could remove the buttons which open these windows, that will also be fine.

I am on ArcGIS 10.2

P.S. Please ignore the third screen shot, i.e. Tools Context Menu.
Thanks once again.
S.
0 Kudos