Custom Edit Task for Vertex Move

04-10-2014 12:18 AM
IanMcCrorie
New Contributor
I have a project to migrate code from 9.x to 10.1 and have an issue with a custom vertex editing implementation.

At 9.x I was able to set up an editing scenario by setting the CurrentTool in ArcMap to 'esriEditor.EditTool' and implement a custom edit task to listen for OnFinishSketch (no other code in Edit Task). This allowed vertex moving to take place and my custom code to kick in on sketch finishing.

At 10.1 it seems the only way I am able to put ArcMap into vertex moving 'mode' is to set the CurrentTool as before but use the ESRI 'Modify Feature' edit task. This is not suitable as I need the custom edit task.

Can someone tell me what I need to do on my custom edit task to get access to the vertices of my geometry in a mode that will allow me to drag them to new positions?

Regards

Ian
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MilesHitchen
New Contributor
Hi Ian,

Have you read the topic "Migrating desktop editing customizations to ArcGIS 10" in the ArcObjects Developer help, there's help there regarding migrating EditTasks from 9.x to 10.x. There was quite a big overhaul of editing in ArcGIS 10.

Hope that helps,
Miles.
0 Kudos