Checkbox and Radio Button Programming on GUI

Jump to solution
02-20-2014 10:33 AM
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor
Am I on the right path here with my checkboxes and radio button programming. I have about three different checkboxes and a few radio button that I need to use in a If then statement. Unless, there is a simplier way of calling a layer using them...

private void checkBox1_Checked Changed(object sender, EventArgs e)

If (checkboxstate.checked == true) Then
           If radioAtr.Enabled Then openFileDialog.InitialDirectory = "K:\"......

All help is extremely appreciated. Thanks!
0 Kudos
49 Replies
MichelleCouden1
Occasional Contributor III
Nope, different project. You all helped me to get that one to work. I turned that one in about 6 months ago. I did print out the project code to see if I could use any information from it. I didn't see any but I will look again. Seeing as now I've changed to tabs and checkboxes on each tab. That project I used comboboxes on one tab. Looking again, do I use the myArray code you guys helped me with??
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
And don't forget this one.
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Looking again, do I use the myArray code you guys helped me with??

You should probably start new.
0 Kudos
MichelleCouden1
Thanks Guys!! I will use the code from that program and adjust to fit with the checkboxes. Thank You for the help. Sorry, Leo on the explanations. Next time, I will just send an attachment so people can understand what I'm asking. Thanks again. I'll close the ticket and start a new one if I have any troubles. Thanks again leo for the idea of the tabs. That will work great!!!
0 Kudos
MichelleCouden1
I'm sorry, Sol. What do you mean by new profile??
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Do you really want to repeat all those checkboxes on the different tabs? You'll have to keep track of each of them individually. The more tabs you have, the bigger headache you'll have. What happens when a user picks checkboxes on more than one tab?

It looks like you should rethink the user interface. Something simple, like a combobox of the different geographic areas and one set of checkboxes for the options. You can assemble the shapefiles you'll need for the map from those selections.

Before you close this ticket, please acknowledge the assistance that Leo has given you by clicking the Up Arrow ("This post was helpful") and the check mark ("Click to mark this post as the answer")
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Thanks Guys!! I will use the code from that program and adjust to fit with the checkboxes. Thank You for the help. Sorry, Leo on the explanations. Next time, I will just send an attachment so people can understand what I'm asking. Thanks again. I'll close the ticket and start a new one if I have any troubles. Thanks again leo for the idea of the tabs. That will work great!!!

By start new, I meant, don't reuse the code unless you know how to change it.  Otherwise, you will start out with a problem before you even start working on the solution.

Tabs was a suggestion before I knew what you were trying to do.  It's up to you whether you want to continue to use tabs. It sounds like if you use tabs, you are going to have to repeat all the code for the station selections, so I would advise against this approach.
0 Kudos
MichelleCouden1
Thank You Sol. I did not know we could start new threads on the same subject. I thought we were to complete the one we started. I will do that from now on in the future. Thanks for also letting me know how to give credit for the help. I want to make sure I thank of all of you who help me. Thanks again!!
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue

Before you close this ticket, please acknowledge the assistance that Leo has given you by clicking the Up Arrow ("This post was helpful") and the check mark ("Click to mark this post as the answer")

Once again, you beat me to the response...

I don't care about the points anymore.  Where I work, I can't accept whatever goes with the results of more points anyway.
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Thank You Sol. I did not know we could start new threads on the same subject.

Um, don't do that.

Unless your question goes in a totally different direction from your original one, don't post a new thread to keep asking questions about the same topic.  People will really not like that.
0 Kudos