c-sharp add-in button issues

03-22-2021 12:44 PM
SongWang
New Contributor II
Hello everyone,

I am asking a question regarding the c# add-in button issues on ArcMap (10.8).

I have a set of c# codes. An ArcGIS add-in would be built if no errors found in the c# codes when building solutions. In the beginning, I resolved some errors by installing ArcObjects SDK (10.8) installation file. Then, a solution was built, with an add-in being rebuilt and added as a button to ArcMap. The issue is that when I click the button, there should be a user interface popping up in ArcMap since it was a part of the c# codes. However, the user interface did not show up. 

How I attempted to address it:
Then, I started debugging. I set a few breakpoints in the c# codes. It turns out the c# codes were never run to the point prior to the breakpoints that I set, which explains why the user interface did not show. Therefore, I would like to ask whether you have a similar experience that can share with me. I truly appreciate it.

Where it might go wrong:
I was wondering if the issue comes from the ArcObjects SDK file that I installed since I found that the ArcObjects SDK was installed in C:\Program Files(x86). 
  • Should the ArcObjects SDK be installed in "Program Files" instead of "Program Files(x86)"? 
  • Another concern that I have is that should the ArcObjects SDK be in 64-bit because the computer system is also 64-bit? I assume the version of the ArcObjects SDK that I received is 64-bit, but not 100% sure.
Above are my thoughts. I look forward to your reply. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

My SDK got installed here, in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit10.8

Attached project was built by File>New Project, choose choose "ArcMap addin", and chose a button in the wizard.  

It's compiled for "AnyCPU"

KirkKuykendall1_2-1616447237775.png

KirkKuykendall1_0-1616446669724.png

0 Kudos
SongWang
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your setup! I re-installed the ArcObject sdk and it worked. I think somehow I mixed the installation process and caused the problem.  

0 Kudos