ARCOBJECTS WEB SERVICE

09-01-2014 01:37 AM
anwarawad
New Contributor III

hi

i'am trying to write a web service that needs to connect to both GDB and an arc server map service, and execute query and other GIS functionalities,

i have arcserver 10.2 and installed the arcobjects sdk for .net ,

iam trying to connect to the server using the servercontext object, i thought it might be something iam not doing right, so i used a sample from esri,

the code is below

IGISServerConnection gisServerCon = null;

IServerObjectManager som = null;

//Connect to ArcGIS Server

gisServerCon = new GISServerConnectionClass();

gisServerCon.Connect("myservername");

//Get the MapServer Object

som = gisServerCon.ServerObjectManager;

return som.CreateServerContext("mapservicename", "MapServer");

but i keep recieving the error :

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

i tried changing the platform to x86 but still have the same error , iam not able to understand that error

could anyone help me ???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

see pag 5 http://downloads2.esri.com/support/TechArticles/ArcGIS10and101Deprecation_Plan.pdf

ArcGIS Server 10.1 will no longer support local connections (DCOM connections). ArcGIS Server 10.1 will be a web services (REST, SOAP, and OGC) server only . If you need use arcobjects you can create a soe.

0 Kudos
anwarawad
New Contributor III

so there is no way to achieve that my way ???

and i have to go to the SOE ??

and if i go to the SOE , is the SOE related only to the layers in the service (mapservice) , ? or i can manipulate other layers than the ones in the mapservice on the server  ???

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

From 10.1 if you need fine grained arcobjects you can use soe. The soe 'see' layers in the service but in soe you can write your logic business. What should you do in detail?

0 Kudos