Add-In Install problem

03-07-2016 12:44 PM
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a bunch of AddIns (developed in .NET) that I have on a shared folder on our corporate network.  The users in our group all point their AddIn Manager in ArcMap to the shared directory, and all add-ins get loaded properly.  Recently I updated one of the add-ins and placed it in the folder.  All users now get the updated tool....except for one.  This one users tool is still referencing the old code, but I'm not sure why.

In their AddIn manager the proper path is there, and there is no reference to the tool in the MyDocuments/ArcGIS/AddIns/Desktop10.2 folder.

Is there somewhere else I can check for a 'cached' version of the old tool??  I am having a hard time understanding why this is happening.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

It is just a guess.

The path to local MyDocuments is by default and does not show in the manager.

If it was installed localy (with the old version) it might use the local path first and does not load the new AddIn if it has the same ID.

Check the content of the local MyDocument.

0 Kudos
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have checked the MyDocuments on all the PCs that are having this problem (3 out of 6), and the 'old' tool is not there.

I managed to fix this issue on one PC.  Not quite sure how, but I removed the folder path from the Add-In manager, then added just the tool by double clicking it.  I tested it to see if it worked (and it did), so then I removed it and added the full path to the Add-In manager, and now it works.

But....I try this same procedure on another PC and it makes no difference.

Is there anywhere else on the PC where the 'old' version of the tool might be cached??

0 Kudos