Add-In code signing and timestamps

01-10-2011 10:44 AM
JeffreyHamblin
Occasional Contributor
I have used 1-year term code signing certificates for several years. Typically, when I sign software (not Add-Ins) using Microsoft's signtool.exe utility, I specify a timestamp server. Timestamping ensures that the signed file will not expire when the certificate expires. Without using the timestamping option during the signing process, the signed file would expire and have to be re-signed with a new cert each year.

My question is whether the ESRISignAddIn.exe utility does any sort of timestamping, or uses some other method, so that signed Add-Ins do not expire annually.

-Jeff
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MeToo
by
Deactivated User
diegollamas:

On a 32-bit PC with a default ArcGIS for Desktop installation and the SDK for .NET installed, the ESRISignAddIn.exe utility can be found at C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin.

I am not sure if the SDK is required or not, but if you can't find the utility, it may be the reason.

jeffhamblin has posted the location of this utility on 64-bit PCs in this thread as well.

Good luck,
Dennis
0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor
diegollamas:

On a 32-bit PC with a default ArcGIS for Desktop installation and the SDK for .NET installed, the ESRISignAddIn.exe utility can be found at C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin.

I am not sure if the SDK is required or not, but if you can't find the utility, it may be the reason.

jeffhamblin has posted the location of this utility on 64-bit PCs in this thread as well.

Good luck,
Dennis

Thanks Dennis I found it
0 Kudos