Select to view content in your preferred language

What Causes an ArcMap License to Become Untrusted?

12-16-2022 07:01 AM
Labels (1)
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

I am currently running a Windows server in AWS that utilizes an ArcMap single use license. However, after every time the server is restarted, the ArcMap license becomes "untrusted" and I have to fix it.

What causes an ArcMap license to become untrusted in a situation like this? Nothing should be changing in the OS, and the IP address is static.

Ideally, we'd like to know what to do so this does not keep happening as it is a major inconvenience. 

For additional information, we never had this problem when the server was hosted on-prem. But now that it is in AWS, anytime the server is restarted, the license becomes untrusted.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Refer to the ArcGIS Licensing Technology section of the following white paper:

https://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/arcgis_desktop_licensing_in_cloud_environments.p...

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

Thank you for that white paper. I have already looked at that white paper in the past and everything should be good on our end. We're running Windows Server 2019 and ArcMap 10.8.1 on an EC2 instance in AWS. This also happens with ArcGIS Pro licenses that are checked out for offline use as well. If I have a license checked out and the VM is restarted, it breaks ArcGIS Pro.

Per the white paper, rebooting the instance should not break the licensing, but it does every time and I'm just trying to figure out why that is happening. 

0 Kudos