Problem with mosaic dataset

Jump to solution
12-24-2020 05:44 AM
LadoKhandolishvili
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have created a mosaic of two DEM files,  from >Mosaic To New Raster< after I entered all requirements, it was done successfully, but when I want to work with Hydrology tools (fill, flow direction, etc) it does not work, there is an unspecified error. The problem occurs only after making the mosaic.

Can anyone help me? I am using ArcMap 10.6.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

That's a very strange error message.  A google returned Solved: Problems with mosaic dataset - GeoNet, The Esri Community

set parallel processing factor to 0.

Although that solution was for a Mosaic Dataset, you describe what you have as a Mosaic Dataset, but it seems to be a Mosaicked dataset a.k.a. Raster Dataset.

Also certainly don't use WGS84 GCS as your coordinate system.  Input raster for hydrology tools should be WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_38N.

That's all I have.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You'd really need to give more information about error messages, your data format etc. (pictures paint a thousand words also) for anyone to start to help you.

How do various samples of the cell values compare to the original 2 DEMs? Is the projection defined? Calculated statistics?

LadoKhandolishvili
New Contributor II

LadoKhandolishvili_0-1608818536366.png

@DavidPike This is the error message.

I have tried to make a mosaic with SRTM and ALOS DEM data, but the results are the same.

DEMs original cell size (X,Y) is 0.00027777778, 0.00027777778
Pixel Type - signed integer
Pixel Depth 16 bit

During creating the new mosaic I remained all this information, also I have tried on the original coordinate system which is GCS_WGS_1984. Also, I have tried to change raster projection into the projected coordinate system WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_38N and after tried to create the mosaic. The results are the same, the mosaic is creating but when I want to use hydrology tools an error occurs. 

DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

That's a very strange error message.  A google returned Solved: Problems with mosaic dataset - GeoNet, The Esri Community

set parallel processing factor to 0.

Although that solution was for a Mosaic Dataset, you describe what you have as a Mosaic Dataset, but it seems to be a Mosaicked dataset a.k.a. Raster Dataset.

Also certainly don't use WGS84 GCS as your coordinate system.  Input raster for hydrology tools should be WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_38N.

That's all I have.

LadoKhandolishvili
New Contributor II

Thank you, that was really helpful. I used your advice in every step, particularly: When I created Mosaic Raster I specified
1. Projection
2. Cell size
3. Parallel processing factor to 0

I repeated these steps in every hydrology tool calculation and it worked.

Thank you!

percyyvon
New Contributor

Hey Lado!

I am encountering the same issue. I have tried 1. Projection, 2. Cell size, 3. parallel processing factor to 0 but when I run FILL I still get the same error message as you did. Strangely, when I run my ASTER DEM or SRTM data individually, I don't get any error. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
YeshiDorji
New Contributor

I faced the same problems and yet the problem is not solved. Any methods to go about ??

0 Kudos