Multiple Ring Buffer dont show up

11-28-2021 06:12 AM
Labels (1)
CemCelik
New Contributor

I open the MultipleRingBuffer and chose the Input Feature, which are lines, and give the output next to my polygons. I put a distance of 300 and choose meeter. I give it a simple Field Name and click okay.

Down at the Bottom i get the info that the tool worked out but the buffer it self dont show up on the map also not in the table of contents and it is not saved in my folders.

All my objects have the same projection.

What could be the Problem

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

probably in a different coordinate system.

Select the layer, right-click, zoom-to-layer ... if the buffers are present but somewhere else, pay attention to the coordinate system that you want to use for the final result

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
CemCelik
New Contributor

So the point is that there is no buffer polygon getting created. It just says that the multiple buffer rings tool worked. But nothing gets created

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ensure none of the features (in input feature layer "Sewers") is selected.

If selected, buffer will get created only for that selected feature(s).

Think Location
0 Kudos
CemCelik
New Contributor

I checked that. Nothing changes

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Also, run the Multipart to Singlepart tool on the input file, then run the multiring buffer on it.  There were issues with multipart shapes in the past

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
CemCelik
New Contributor

I did what you say. Same problem, it says the the MultipleRingBuffer worked, but no object gets created.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

show the tool inputs.  The path and filename need to be checked.

Also files aren't automatically added to the display unless you have it set up under Project, Options, Geoprocessing

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If it's a single buffer (e.g. 300 meters) that you are looking for, why don't you try Buffer (Analysis)—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

Could you also check for any anomaly in geometry Check Geometry (Data Management)—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com), and repair, if possible Repair Geometry (Data Management)—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)?

Think Location
0 Kudos