I want To Insert x,y Coordinates In Layout As A Table In Arcmap ,Every time I change pages by using data driven pages the x,y coordinates ​​changed?

03-17-2022 12:50 PM
MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

I want To Insert x,y Coordinates In Layout As A Table In Arcmap ,Every time I change pages by using data driven pages the x,y coordinates ​​changed in this table ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi MAMDOUHZALAKY, 

What are the X Y coordinates of? 

If they represent geographic points relative to the data frame - like the center of the map - these coordinates will change when the map extent changes and the map center for the new page different than the previous page's map. This depends on the geometry of the index layer features. Unless the index features all have the same geometry I would expect the X Y coordinates of the data frame, like center, to be the same. 

If the X Y coordinates are actual geographic features, such as the coordinates of a school, or a point along a river feature, the changing of data driven pages should not affect these values.

I don't know what you mean b y "table". ArcMap provides the ability to add individual, dynamic text elements that return data frame coordinates - see the section "Coordinate system dynamic text" in the help topic Working with dynamic text for more information. There is no option to add these in tabular form.

If the X Y values are already present in a table you can add a table to the layout by opening the attribute table, opening the Table options drop-down menu and clicking Table to Layout.

Screenshot.PNG

For more information please refer to the topic Working with table elements.

Hope this helps,

Tom

0 Kudos
MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

Thanks for your quick response , but exactly what i want to do is to add point-x & point-y that i created in point feature to layout as a tabular form when i change the page using data driven page the x,y values changed inside the tabular form.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not very clear on what you want to do. 

Are you looking to only display the data from the points that are visible? If that is the case ArcMap does not support this. ArcGIS Pro does.  

0 Kudos
MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

yes that is what i want , from where can i do that from ArcGIS Pro ?

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

If the X Y table frame belongs to a point feature class then you can use the Query option on the Table Frame. Here is the pertinent paragraph from the help topic "Add and modify table frames"

• Query—Choose which data rows get displayed. You can show all rows, only rows for features visible in the map frame's extent, or, if the layout contains a spatial map series, show single rows for each index feature.

Hope this helps.

Tom

0 Kudos
MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

dddd.JPG

0 Kudos