how can I align points

10-06-2020 09:04 AM
SueWorms
New Contributor

I am adding multiple sub-address points to existing apartment buildings. How can I draw them in so they are neatly aligned instead of all willy-nilly?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amber_Support
Esri Contributor

Hello @ Sue Worms ! I am unsure if you have looked at this documentation but I have listed it below, there might be a few different tools you could try to get the results you want!

0 Kudos
JohnStrzempka
New Contributor

You can create your first point and then under the "Create Features" with your point layer selected, click the "Point at end of line". Then select the first point you made, right click and then you use the "Direction" and type in the direction, 0, 90, 180, 270, 360 etc.. for straight lines. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

What I have done is use the Feature to Point tool and generate points in the center of the polygon for each apartment. 

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

If I'm not mistaken, this surprisingly doesn't seem to exist. For creating points along a line -- sure, there's a tool for that. But if you've got point features already and you're trying to move them into a line, it seems you're out of luck. You can align them left, right, and center with the Move tool, but that's about it -- no custom angles. When I open the Align Features tool with points selected, it deselects them or warns me that the current selection includes features or rows that are invalid for this operation.

0 Kudos