I have a 7 mile long project area in which the company we are doing the work for will not send me their digital CADD files...so some lucky person (me) has to georeference 19 design plan sheets in ArcMap. However, when I move onto the second sheet, the first one snaps off to the side making overlapping them a bit difficult. I didn't have this issue before the IT guy updated my software to 10.5. Not sure if maybe I missed fixing a setting, but I've been through all the settings quite a few times.
Any help or suggestions would be awesome
Good afternoon Heather,
I did figure it out not long after I posted that. I am trying to remember if I had to adjust any settings or if it was as simple as making sure that I hit update display then update georeferencing before moving onto the next one.. If you want, email me exactly what is going on and I can try to help you out. I will keep working on remembering what I did. I haven’t had the problem since then.
Sorry if I am not much help, my email is below
Sarah Baughman | Staff Archaeologist/GIS Technician
The Markosky Engineering Group, Inc.
3689 Route 711
Ligonier, PA 15658
So for whatever reason, hitting Update Display before hitting Update Georeferencing, fixes the issue. Which is weird because I never had to do that in 10.2 (we jumped straight from 10.2 to 10.5). So while it's a slightly tedious extra step I will gladly take that over my tiffs moving every time I try to update the georeferencing.
Thank you so much!