Dual Range Addresses Style Locator not honoring Alternate Name Table

Jump to solution
12-10-2018 04:15 PM
Brian_McLeer
Occasional Contributor II

I have a table of alternate names with a common LOCALID field for a list of centerlines. An example is the LOCALID in the main centerline feature class is 244074. The current name in the centerline file is:

Prefix: SE

RoadName: CENTURY

RoadType: BLVD

The alias table has a record with the same LOCALID of 244074 with:

Prefix: SW

RoadName: 234TH

RoadType: AVE

The features join successfully:

When I set up the Dual Range Addresses style locator, I follow the tutorial data and make sure match with no zones and match without house number are set to yes. The rest of my setup looks like:

However, none of the alternate (alias) names are being recognized. Any suggestions or something I am missing?

Brian
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

What happens when you remove suffix direction from being mapped in the primary table?

When you use the Find tool, locations tab in ArcMap and check the box to show all candidates and search for 1245 SW 234TH AVE no candidates are returned?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

What happens when you remove suffix direction from being mapped in the primary table?

When you use the Find tool, locations tab in ArcMap and check the box to show all candidates and search for 1245 SW 234TH AVE no candidates are returned?

Brian_McLeer
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Shana,

I had to add a suffix directional field to the alternate name table so all 4 fields are mapped to each other (Prefix Direction, Name, Suffix Type, Suffix Direction). The Suffix Direction FIeld in both the streets table and alternate name table is NULL for the most part, but that still threw it off originally. 

Brian
0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad making that change worked for you Brian.

-Shana

0 Kudos