Cursor Stuck on Rotate

03-04-2020 10:42 AM
DeweyEvans
New Contributor II

My cursor constantly gets stuck on the rotate tool, without me ever having switched there.  No matter what I do I cannot get it to switch back to Navigate, Select, etc. without restarting my machine.

What gives?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarshallMistry
New Contributor II

Hi Dewey, 

Thanks for the question.

I've pulled this from a related thread:

"A possible workaround  is to Hit the C,X, or Z keys in ArcMap to free up the respective tool (C for the Pan tool, X for the Zoom Out tool, and Z for the Zoom In tool)."

The thread mentioned a bug, and referenced this workaround as a band-aid. If this workaround doesn't help, Could I trouble you for more information? Which product are you using? Is the software up-to-date? Is your cursor stuck on rotate from the moment you open the app, or is the onset delayed?

Thanks,

Marshall

0 Kudos
HeatherLGlisson
New Contributor

Hi, 

The above workaround is not working for me. 

I actually just updated my ArcGIS Pro software to 2.7.2. I haven't used it in about a week, but it was working fine the week before last, and since the update finished, it is stuck in the Rotate Tool, which I never even turned on.

I closed the program without saving changes to my project and re-opened it, and the Rotate tool is on from the beginning (opening of the app) still.

I saw another post that suggested it is an issue with Webroot interacting with ArcGIS Pro, so I am going to reach out to my IT department as well and will update you if a solution through them fixes the issue.

Thanks, 

Heather

0 Kudos