Creating Annotation with a range of Addresses

Jump to solution
03-10-2021 01:12 PM
Labels (3)
ZJKosel
New Contributor III

Hello everyone, 

I'm working on a project in ArcMap that deals with address labels from a large scale. I've looked into ways to create a annotation feature class that represents addresses along the same road as a single range. For example, the addresses of 101 Main Street, 102 Main Street, 103 Main Street, and 104 Main Street would be displayed as 101 - 104 Main Street. However, I haven't been able to write up a SQL query that works or find the right settings to display this information as such. The program being used is ArcMap 10.7.1.

Thank you, 

Zachary 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I had a similar situation labeling Apartment numbers ranging from one number to another. 

Where are your address ranges stored.  If your using road centerline data that has address ranges in it that would be best.  Then you create a simply label   <FromLeft> (or whatever side has the lower number) &  " -  " & <ToRight> (or whatever is larger) & " " & <StreetName>

To be more help you will need to show us and example of your data table.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I had a similar situation labeling Apartment numbers ranging from one number to another. 

Where are your address ranges stored.  If your using road centerline data that has address ranges in it that would be best.  Then you create a simply label   <FromLeft> (or whatever side has the lower number) &  " -  " & <ToRight> (or whatever is larger) & " " & <StreetName>

To be more help you will need to show us and example of your data table.

0 Kudos
ZJKosel
New Contributor III

Thanks for the advice RobertBorchert, 

The data that I was using was based off address points instead of road centerlines. I'm going about the labels for this project in a different way, but I'll utilize your suggested method if I come across annotated street info to work with.

Thanks, 

ZJKosel

0 Kudos